Intro to Computing
This course provides a foundation for professional programming in Python. Students will build confidence in writing Python programs to tackle real-world problems in a broad range of fields. Topics include computer basics, Internet and website programming, common algorithms, Python data structures, strategies for testing and debugging, how to use packages, and object-oriented programming. Students will get hands-on experience working on industry-oriented projects, like automation with selenium in Python, and building web apps using Python frameworks (e.g. Flask). There are no prerequisites for this course.
June 15, 2020
10 weeks, live online instructions
$1,190 / course, reduced from $1,580
Date & Time
June 15 to August 21 (10 weeks)
Mondays, 7 p.m – 9 p.m. EST
Fridays, 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. EST
This 10-week course will be delivered online. The instructor will present three live lectures each week, and will be accessible online during specified times. Students should also be prepared to spend several hours per week outside of lecture time to learn the materials and complete and assignments. A final exam or project is included in the course. Students must use their own computers to complete all course requirements.
A Proof of Completion will be provided upon completing all course requirements.
- Week 1: Basics of a computer
- Week 2: Introduction to Programming and Problem Solving
- Week 3: Elements of Python
- Week 4: Python objects
- Week 5: Numerical Types, Mid-Course Examination
- Week 6: Branching and Method Algorithm Design
- Week 7: Arrays and Looping
- Week 8: Object-Oriented Software Engineering
- Week 9: Software Testing
- Week 10: Ethical and social implications of computer use
- End of Course Examination: Aug 24 – Aug 28