Cloud Computing and Big Data
(SQL, Hadoop, Amazon Web Services – AWS, Azure)
This course covers the core concepts and relevant programming skills needed for cloud computing and big data, and introduces the two main cloud providers: Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure. Students will also learn the technologies, platforms, and methods involved in data analysis, acquisition, storage, visualization, and management using SQL, Hadoop, and MapReduce. There are no prerequisites for this course.
June 15, 2020
10 weeks, live online instructions
$1,190 / course, reduced from $1,580
Date & Time
June 15 to August 21 (10 weeks)
Mondays, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. EST
Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. EST
This 10-week course will be delivered online. The instructor will present two live lectures each week, and will be accessible online during specified times. Students should also be prepared to spend several hours per week outside of lecture time to learn the materials and complete and assignments. A final exam or project is included in the course. Students must use their own computers to complete all course requirements.
A Proof of Completion will be provided upon completing all course requirements.
- Week 1: Intro to Cloud Computing
- Week 2: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS; public, private, hybrid clouds
- Week 3: Relational & Non-Relational (incl SQL)
- Week 4: Intro to Big Data: Hadoop, MapReduce
- Week 5: Intro to Big Data: Spark, etc
- Mid-Course Examination
- Week 7: Lab / hands-on: Cloud computing
- Week 8: Lab / hands-on: Databases, SQL & Big Data
- Week 9: Student project presentations
- Week 10: Student project presentations
- End of Course Examination: Aug 24 – Aug 28