Business Data Analytics
(Excel and Tableau)
This course provides an introduction to big data analytics for business professionals, including those with no prior analytics experience. Primarily working with Excel and Tableau, students will learn how data analysts describe, predict, and inform business decisions in the specific areas of marketing, human resources, finance, and operations. They can expect to develop an analytics mindset and gain the necessary data literacy to obtain insights from real-world data and make appropriate business strategy recommendations. There are no prerequisites for this course.
June 15, 2020
10 weeks, live online instructions
$1,190 / course, reduced from $1,580
Date & Time
June 15 to August 21 (10 weeks)
Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. EST
Thursdays, 10:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. EST
Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. EST
This 10-week course will be delivered online. The instructor will present three live lectures each week, and will be accessible online during specified times. Students should also be prepared to spend several hours per week outside of lecture time to learn the materials and complete and assignments. A final exam or project is included in the course. Students must use their own computers to complete all course requirements.
A Proof of Completion will be provided upon completing all course requirements.
- Week 1: Basic Excel, Excel Formulas
- Week 2: Pivot Table, Pivot Charts (Tableau)
- Week 3: Price Optimization, Price Bundling, Nonlinear Pricing
- Week 4: Revenue Management
- Week 5: Linear Regression and Correlation, Multiple Regression (Tableau)
- Mid-Course Examination
- Week 7: Forecasting, Modeling Trend, and Seasonality (Tableau)
- Week 8: Conjoint Analysis, Cluster Analysis
- Week 9: Decision Tree
- Week 10: Neural Networks and review for Final
- End of Course Examination: Aug 24 – Aug 28